by Tom Piper, Coordinator
This Apple World User Group University online gathering of Apple user group leaders was held at 5:00pm CDST, on April 18, 2022, via Zoom. We had 38 participants for the topic of “Don’t Carry the Burden Alone!” (see attached JPG image and PDF attendance list). The 73-minute video can be viewed at: You Tube (unlisted on YouTube).
This session opened with my welcome (especially to new registrants), plus a quick review of the meeting protocols, and an invitation to submit user group Product Review web links. Doug Smith, Chair of the Apple User Group Advisory Board (AUGAB) provided backup support during the call.
Nicholas Pyers, AppleUsers.org provided a 45-minute slideshow presentation about his experiences and recommendations about distributing leadership and user group duties (PDF slideshow to be sent later). Isabel Collins of the Apple Users’ Society of Melbourne added information and answered questions about the raffle which they used to provide (and hope to do again). This was followed by questions and experiences by a number of other participants, several of whom also shared information about their experiences and suggestions.
Additional questions were asked, experiences shared and suggestions made by other user group leaders with the following links providing further information on this meeting’s topics:
- Tom Piper: https://macstockconferenceandexpo.com July 23 & 24, 2022
- Bob Wood: Macstock update 04/19/22 noon CDT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42nzHvATFDc
- Nicholas Pyers: https://www.appleusers.org/ugr/dont-carry-the-burden-alone/
- Aric Pedersen: https://www.descript.com and https://otter.ai
- Steve Welsh: Meeting Accessibility apps: Apple Translate app (free), and Ava: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ava-transcribe-voice-to-text/id1030067058
- Dan Wassink: translation software https://otter.ai/home
- Ann MacKay: https://www.wikihow.com/Do-an-Online-Raffle and state laws: https://wildsheepraffle.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/State-Raffle-Rules.pdf
- George Brooks: Amazon smile info https://org.amazon.com/agreement?p=progDetails
- Ria Depauw: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are very pleased with this fourth meeting of 2022. Files related to this meeting are available on our AWUGU shared folder: https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0kF7XwYI98VG0fqvL86PJm02g#AWUGU.
Our next meeting topic will be “AUG Hybrid Meetings” by attendees from Belgium, Illinois, Missouri and elsewhere. Additional topics for future meetings are always welcome, just send suggestions to me. This meeting is tentatively scheduled for May 16, 2022, at 5:00pm Central Daylight Saving Time (all current AWUGU registrants will receive an invitation to all future meetings).
To become a participant, any interested Apple User Group leader must first register with the AWUGU Coordinator by emailing their name, location, and user group name and web link to email@example.com. Registration must be received by May 14 in order to receive a Zoom Meeting invitation (a download of the free Zoom app in advance is also necessary, and an update will be important for existing users).