This letter came from Joe Kissell, publisher of Take Control Books, long-time user group supporter, and all around wonderful person. He has given us permission to print his offer on our blog to reach folk who may be adjusting to working from home or want to be better at it.
Take Control Books is offering a free, no-strings-attached, copy of their new Take Control of Working from Home Temporarily
by popular author Glenn Fleishman
Joe writes: “Glenn Fleishman generously volunteered his time to write Take Control of Working from Home Temporarily, which also features advice from numerous other Take Control authors and other people with extensive experience with remote work. As a small gesture to help out in this uncertain time, we’re offering the book for free.
The book’s contributors, who collectively have centuries of experience working from home, offer advice in areas such as setting up a workspace (obtaining, moving, or repurposing furniture and hardware, for example); communicating with coworkers via text, audio, video and other collaboration tools; maintaining healthy physical and psychological boundaries between work and non-work activities; adapting to the presence of family members and roommates in or near your work area; and adjusting your schedule and habits to best balance productivity and sanity. There’s also a chapter for parents of school-age kids on how to juggle family obligations when working from home.
This new book is free. To obtain it, follow these steps:
1. Click this link, which automatically adds the new book to your shopping cart and takes you to the cart page:
2. If you aren’t already logged in, fill in your email address and password at the top and click Log In. (Alternatively, fill in your first and last name and email address under “Billing details” and select your desired contact preference.)
3. Click the “Place order” button at the bottom of the screen. No payment is required.
4. After a few moments, your order will be processed.
5. Depending on your browser, you may or may not see download links on screen, but in any case, you’ll get an email message from us with the links, and the book will also be available immediately in your library.
We know it’s difficult to cope with the ever-changing restrictions we all face, and we hope this book helps in some small way.
Publisher, Take Control Books”
Thanks to Joe and Glen for their help and this offer!